We’re excited to announce that from 23rd September 2019, Egencia customers in France, UK, Germany, Switzerland, Belgium, Austria, Norway, Netherland, Sweden and Denmark will have access to Economy Light fares from Lufthansa Group.
This new content gives your travellers access to lower cost fare options and without the 16€ surcharge imposed by Lufthansa Group on Economy Light fares with Lufthansa, Swiss International Air Lines and Austrian Airlines. Customers will have:
- New Economy Light fares displayed in the same way flight results are shown today on the Egencia website. You will not lose visibility of other fare options you see with Egencia.
- The ability to compare existing content from low-cost carriers and scheduled airlines with this new Lufthansa content giving your travellers more choice and flexibility for air travel.
- Support when you need it. Egencia customer services will be available to help travellers with adding bags and seat selection (chargeable by Lufthansa), flight disruptions such as schedule changes or cancellations and cancellation refunds (where available in Lufthansa’s terms).
This content is being made available via New Distribution Capability (NDC), so some feature limitations apply due to the nature of this channel.
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
- What is available with this new Economy Light fares from Egencia for Lufthansa Group?
- Booking for a single passenger
- One way & Roundtrips
- Flying Domestic & International
- Published Light fares for Lufthansa (LH), Austrian (OS) & Swiss (LX). All other published fares, corporate and EPRs are still sourced via Amadeus GDS
- Your company’s travel policy is applied as usual
- Add a bag during the booking process
- Your company’s current payment means remain unchanged
- Bookings are instant ticket, meaning they are booked with the airline as soon as you finish your booking with Egencia
- Reporting data
- Booked flights are included in the Travel Tracker for duty of care
- Frequent flyer card is transmitted to the airline (frequent flyer programme of the airline booked only)
- What is not available with these new Economy Lufthansa Light fares?
- Booking for multiple passengers at once
- Multi-city bookings
- Adding a bag after booking
- As with other low-cost carriers booked by customers with Egencia today, approval does not apply to these bookings. Approvers will receive a notification email as usual.
- Same day cancellation of the booking, add bag, seat, meal preferences can be updated by contacting your Egencia Customer Services team.
- While your company’s travel policy is applied and visible to travellers when booking, these fares are not included in the Best Fare Option / Price benchmark calculation on the flight results page today.
- What is New Distribution Capability (NDC) and how do these fares relate to NDC
NDC is an initiative by airlines to bring new fare options to business travellers via direct connections between airlines and travel providers. Egencia can offer these fares via an NDC connection we’ve established with Lufthansa Group.
- Will other airline content via NDC be available to customers?
Yes, this announcement is for availability of Lufthansa Light fares in the countries above. Egencia will launch additional airline carriers in the United Kingdom in the coming weeks and continue to deliver new NDC content as it becomes available.
Want to know more about what NDC means for business travel? Learn more about how Egencia is putting customers first in our NDC efforts here.
- Can I opt-out of this Lufthansa content? Can I opt out of all NDC content?
Yes, your company can opt out of this Lufthansa content. While all fare terms and restrictions will be displayed to travellers as usual prior to booking, we understand some customers may not want access to this new content.
- If you decide to opt out of the new fares prior to 1st November 2019, your existing ‘Low Cost booking’ fee will apply to any bookings incurred. However, your ‘Low Cost booking’ fee will be still be renamed to ‘Air booking – nonstandard’ and apply to all low-cost bookings.
- If you opt out of the content after 1st November 2019, the ‘Air booking – nonstandard’ fee will apply from November 1st 2019 until the time you opt-out.
To opt-out of this new Lufthansa content or any NDC content going forward, please contact your . If you are unsure of who your Account Manager is, please contact Egencia Customer Services for assistance.
Please note, should you opt out of any NDC content such as these Lufthansa fares, you opt out of all NDC content. You can opt in or opt out to NDC content at any time by contacting your Egencia Account Manager.
- What is the Egencia ‘Air booking – nonstandard’ fee and how does this differ from ‘Low Cost booking’?
You will begin to see the ‘Air booking – nonstandard’ fee beginning 1st November 2019. This ‘Air booking – nonstandard’ fee will replace the historical ‘Low Cost booking’ fee. The ‘Air booking – nonstandard’ fee will apply for all existing low-cost fares and future NDC bookings.
- Will I be subject to the Lufthansa 16€ surcharge for Light fares?
The 16€ surcharge that Lufthansa has decided to add to the traditional distribution channels will not apply for these light fares. Aside from the Egencia transaction fee, these Light fares will mirror the fares posted on Lufthansa.com. The ‘Air booking – nonstandard’ fee will apply to these Light fares.
- What about the other ‘standard’ Lufthansa fares – any changes?
For other ‘standard’ Lufthansa fares nothing changes – the transaction fees, approval process, and servicing remains as it is today. For these other ‘standard’ Lufthansa fares (the non ‘Light fares’), your regular air booking fees will continue to apply. These will still carry the 16€ surcharge that Lufthansa has imposed on distribution channels.
- Will Egencia charge a service fee for utilizing Light Fares or NDC content?
From 23rd September when the content is launched, your existing ‘Low Cost booking’ fee will apply. From 1st November 2019, an ‘Air booking – nonstandard’ fee will apply to all low-cost airlines and future NDC partners.
- When selecting these Light fares, can a traveler put a booking “on hold” (Need more time to think)?
No, these fares are instantly confirmed and booked with the airline. Travelers will not have the ability to put a reservation “on hold”.
- How are Light fare cancellations managed, are they refundable?
Light fares are non-refundable, non-exchangeable. To void or answer questions about cancellations, please contact your Egencia Customer Services team.
- Will I still get the airline tracking code with Light fares?
Yes, airline tracking codes will be included in the booking.
- How is payment made for these fares?
Your company’s current payment means are supported.
Customers with lodgecard payment: Egencia will bill the card in the same way the card is billed for other low-cost airlines i.e. directly between Egencia and your company.
- Will I still see these bookings in Egencia Traveler Tracker for emergencies?
Booking data is captured into the Egencia Traveler Tracker tool when purchasing through Egencia (website or customer service).
- Can we book these fares on Egencia’s app?
As with other low-cost carrier airlines, these fares are not available on the Egencia app. Egencia is working towards making all low-cost carrier airlines available for booking in Q3 2019.